Why do people find it extremely difficult to break a bad habit? Well, the reason for this is that they’re experiencing a fight between the subconscious and conscious mind. For those who don’t know, the conscious mind only makes up around 12% of your brainpower. The other 88% is all happening on a subconscious level.  

If you are having a hard time changing a bad habit or behavior, it is because your subconscious is still motivated to keep it.  

One excellent tool to get rid of your bad habit is to use hypnotherapy. However, before you visit a Halifax hypnotherapy clinic, there are a couple of things you should know first. Here are some of them: 

Hypnosis isn’t Similar to Sleeping 

For those who don’t know, it is an improved state of learning where your mind is alert and your body is extremely relaxed. Oftentimes, a person may fall asleep. However, it is not the main goal of the session. It is the job of a hypnotherapist to ensure the customer remains awake and maintains a relaxed awareness during the session. 

While the mind might drift, you will still be able to hear every single thing that the therapist will say to you during the therapy.  

Hypnotherapists aren’t Medical Professionals 

Keep in mind that hypnotherapy is not aimed to replace medical help. Instead, it’s a self-improvement instrument that you can use to improve the healing process.  

A professional hypnotherapist focuses on general behavior modification and self-improvement. They aren’t licensed by the state as healing arts practitioners. They can’t treat or diagnose psychological or medical illnesses.  

Hypnotherapy is Simply a Myth 

Fortunately, hypnosis is effective, safe, and works extremely fast compared to other forms of therapy. However, hypnosis isn’t magic. This means that results will not occur overnight on almost every occasion.  

Keep in mind that it takes more than 20 days to make a new habit. Next, you will need at least 5 consecutive sessions to achieve your goals.  

A Professional Hypnotherapist Can Hypnotize Every Single Person 

You should remember that you need to be willing to be in a hypnotized state. If you’re against it, a hypnotherapist cannot hypnotize you. Also, a hypnotherapy session is a co-creative process. This means you’ve got to work together with the therapist. The lack of relationship with the therapist is perhaps the popular reason for failure to encourage a state of hypnosis. Aside from that, another common reason is working with a person who isn’t trained properly.  

Always check into the level of experience of a new hypnotherapist before you commit to a session. Furthermore, you need to keep on working with a therapist that you feel a sense of trust.  

The Sessions Aren’t the Same as the Ones on Stage 

For those who don’t know, the stage shows are real. However, they do this for entertainment purposes only. Dancing like a duck or walking like a cat is just part of the act. When it comes to a therapeutic hypnosis session, everything will be different. You’re always in control of your body. You won’t dance like a chicken or bark like a dog.